Winter is coming. The mornings are darker and the sunset comes quicker at night. I am struggling to get out of bed in the morning because it is so damn cold. Even though I already have the heaters cranking and hot chocolate has entered the hot drink rotation, winter doesn’t ‘officially’ hit New Zealand until Saturday, 22 June 2019.
Apparently, I have an affinity for lists at the moment.
It isn’t Christmas or Halloween or any ‘fun’ holiday season and it doesn’t snow where I live so this list may be a little atypical for winter. For those of you who don’t know, I live in the North Island of New Zealand, so our winter just consists of a lot of rain and fog.
Without further adieu, here’s what I want to achieve this winter!
- Hot chocolate date with my son
- Try the new menu at Mexico (aka the place with the best fried chicken of my life)
- Build a fort
- Try a winter solstice ritual
- Movie date with my son
- Bake cookies
- Establish a proper new moon/full moon ritual
- Attend another #brunchclub event
- Complete dry July
- Read a book in 24 hours
- Send 10 cards/letters
- Go to a farmer’s market
- Try a new chili recipe
- Break out the slow cooker and recreate my slow cooker brownie
- Keep a gratitude/happiness journal
- Have a pajama day
- Collect things to donate/sell
- Random act of kindness
- Organize an indoor picnic
- Figure out my yoga routine
- Start a scrapbook
- Breakfast for dinner
- Day trip to a different part of New Zealand
- Write a letter to my summer self
- Go to an indoor playground
- Have a sleepover
- Bake a pie
- See the sunrise and sunset on the same day
…And there you have it!
I’m sure you’ll see blog posts about how my winter unfolds and the progress of my bucket list.
If you have suggestions, please let me know in the comments! I am always up for adding something exciting onto my bucket list!